Terra-Sorb® Soil Amending
Terra-Sorb® Medium Hydrogel is a high-quality, long-lasting gel that absorbs up to 150 times its weight in water and slowly releases it into the root zone for use by plants.
Terra-Sorb Medium is used as horticultural soil amendment for planting, seeding, sodding, flower bed preparation and potted plants. Terra-Sorb significantly increases the water-holding capacity of soil and will repeatedly absorb and release water for several years until it biodegrades. Terra-Sorb does not contain sodium.
Directions for Use:
- Tree and Shrub Plantings: Mix Terra-Sorb evenly with the backfill soil at a rate of 2 ounces (by weight) per inch caliper for balled & burlapped trees and shrubs, or 1 ounce (by weight) per 5 gallons for containerized trees and shrubs. Volume rates are shown in adjacent chart.
- Flower Beds and Vegetable Gardens: Terra-Sorb is mixed into the top 4 inches of soil at a rate of 1 pound per 100 square feet prior to planting or seeding. It can be broadcast by shaker, spreader or hand, then raked or rototilled into soil. Not recommended for topdressing already established beds.
- Sodding, Seeding or Sprigging: Terra-Sorb is mixed into the top 2 inches of soil at a rate of 3 pounds per 1,000 square feet or 150 pounds per acre prior to seeding, sodding or sprigging. Apply by shaker, drop spreader or hand, then rake or rototill into the top 4 inches of soil. Not recommended as a top-dressing on already established turf.
- Potting Mix Amendment for Containerized Plants and Hanging Baskets: For machine or hand mixing, add 2 pounds of Terra-Sorb per cubic yard of potting mix. Blend thoroughly throughout mix. For small batches, add 1 ounce (by weight) of Terra-Sorb to each cubic foot of growing or potting mix.
- Compatibility: Terra-Sorb can be used on trees, shrubs and grasses, literally on all terrestrial plants. Terra-Sorb is most effective over a range of soil pH from 6 to 8. At pH extremes, its ability to absorb water is reduced.
Terra-Sorb must be mixed into soil. It is not designed for surface applications.
Terra-Sorb® Soil Amending Analysis:
Active Ingredients % by Weight Potassium Polyacrylamide/Acrylate Copolymer………………….93%
Inert Ingredients: Water* …………………………………………7%
*Water content is derived from atmospheric humidity absorbed during storage.
|Container Size||Terra Sorb Needed|
|Tree Caliper||Terra Sorb Needed|
|Box Trees||Terra Sorb Needed|