Diatomaceous Earth, How Do We Love Thee?

We’re letting YOU count the ways. Food Grade Diatomaceous Earth is one of our favorite products at GHS, and we’d like for the entire world to know about this natural wonder. If you’ve already had success using our Food Grade Diatomaceous Earth, we hope you’ll add your comments to this blog and tell others of your experiences.

If you haven’t tried it, feel free to write with questions or comments.

Diatomaceous Earth is an all-natural fossilized rock, and when it’s ground into a fine powder, it kills insects by physically destroying them, rather than chemically. Food Grade Diatomaceous Earth is a mild abrasive used in human facial scrubs, metal polishes, and toothpaste. But our product is most commonly used as a safe, effective insecticide: pests dehydrate and die after coming in contact with it. It works against slugs and grubs without adding dangerous, toxic chemicals to your environment.

Tell us and others why you love Food Grade Diatomaceous Earth!

You Might Also Like

76 Comments

Rick Watson
    September 1, 2008 at 3:33 pm

I use the Diatomaceous Earth as a insecticide especially around pet feeders! I prefer to use this all natural material anywhere because it works, but especially around areas that my pets roam. It is 100% effecive against all bugs!

Marisa Baumann
    September 1, 2008 at 6:22 pm

After having a problem in my basement with earwigs, rollie pollies, and spiders, I wanted to use something that was effective yet safe for my family. After doing some research I came across an article for diatomaceous earth. Its edible for both human and animals, so I had no problem using it around my family. It worked very effectivly as well. I sprinkled a little powder where I was having the problem and within a week my pests were gone. I also put some at all the entrance ways and windows around m house. Since then, its worked great. and a little goes a long way.

Thanks for carrying it!!

Marisa

Nancy L.
    September 2, 2008 at 1:58 am

One of my favorite things about the diatomaceous earth is that it works on fire ants as well as those poison granules that are often used, but I don’t like to use poison around the garden.

Martin Lucas
    September 2, 2008 at 6:23 am

DE is great! I use it externally on my pets for fleas and put it little on their food to help with internal parasites. It is also a great detoxifier so adding it to the food helps to keep them health as well.

Melissa Schultz
    September 2, 2008 at 7:48 am

I bought Food Grade Diatomaceous Earth for deworming my cats. It’s much gentler than the deworming drugs from the vet, yet I’ve found it to be just as effective. I keep a small jar of it on hand for the cats and the rest can be used in the garden. It’s very versatile and economical.

Matthew
    September 2, 2008 at 8:17 am

Hello everyone, I originally purchased DE as an insecticide free way of controlling fleas and ticks. I have a cat and two dogs and we lived on about 8 acres of woodland. We had a flea infestation at the start of summer and wanted an alternative to topical poisons and the ubiquitous flea collars. DE did the trick. Within a couple weeks of dusting the corners inside the house, dusting the animals and then doing the perimeter of the house outside the flea problem had abated. As well, we never had a problem with ticks. We’ve since moved to an area without the woods as a backyard but we continue to use the DE. I’ve used it to get rid of ant colonies in the driveway and we still use it in and around the house as a protective measure. I think we got a 5lb bag and it has lasted us well over a year. So, if you are looking for a poison-free way to control pests then pick up a bag. You won’t be disappointed.

Dave Moga
    September 2, 2008 at 1:09 pm

I have been using DE for about a year now to help counteract cecal worms in my poultry. There has been some discussion as to the effectiveness of it however, it is working well for me and my chickens, turkeys and ducks. I mix about one pound into a 50lb bag of feed. Also when I had mites last winter on some of my silkie chickens I dusted them with it and have not had a mite problem since. Of course one has to be careful not to breath it in that is just common sense. I will be ordering more soon

Rosemary Collins
    September 6, 2008 at 11:03 am

Food Grade DE has solved my ant problem. I couldn’t determine how they were getting into the house, so I put a 3″ stripe all around the house on the ground. I haven’t had ants for over a year now! A little goes a long way, too. This summer I used it to get ants out of my paver driveway & patio. Next I’m going ant-proof my mother’s house. Reading the comments posted has given me info in case my cats ever get fleas. This product is a great, green find!

Mackenzee in Michigan
    September 7, 2008 at 7:41 am

Awesome stuff! I use it for flea treatment and prevention. I live in the woods, so we have fleas and ticks all around our house and our 4 legged son is an indoor dog, so he goes in and out as much as we do. I have seen 2 fleas in my house this summer, niether one on my dog. That’s it and I attribute my success to D.E. I use it all around the perimeter of my house, in bedding and carpets, basement, everywhere. I mix it with water and a little dish soap to make it stick and use a hudson sprayer to coat my garden with it. I have NO bugs, no tomato worms, nothing! I can’t say enough wonderful things about it.
    Thanks!

Becky Wheeler
    September 8, 2008 at 8:09 am

I dusted a several setting hens with DE when they had mites real bad and it killed them all. I didn’t have any more problems with mites. I also used it in the goat feed to prevent bugs in it and the goats ate it and I didn’t notice any problems with worms in the goats after that. I now only have dogs and a cat, but will use DE for them. Thanks for a great product!

J Davis
    September 19, 2008 at 7:24 am

I give my dogs a spoonful of food grade DE in their food every night. One of my dogs usually gets tapeworms every summer from fleabite. Since I started DE, not one infestation and they are both negative for other internal parasites when they have their annual checkup.

For external pests, I use it around the foundation of the house, on the lawn and dog runs, around baseboards, on rugs and carpets, around ant hills in the yard, anywhere there might be crawling bugs. I also lightly dust just laundered pet beds. Since I heard that bed bugs are making a comeback, I dust some between the mattress and cover – just in case.

I bought a garden duster and have been using it on vegetables and ornamentals.

The stuff is amazing.

Joanne Chicos
    September 23, 2008 at 12:48 am

I bought this from you a few months ago. Two 5 pound bags. I got this for fleas im my cellar which it was a great help. I started reading up about it and how pets and even humans were taking it. I gave this to my pets, a yorkie and my cats. I also read where peple were taking this as well and tried some myself. I did this for about a week. Then I ran into a kidney problem. I am wondering is this made in the United States? Could there be possibly melamine in this? Is this safe for humans? Thak you in advance for your attention to this matter.

Joe Stutzman
    September 23, 2008 at 5:23 am

Joanne we appreciate your comments on how well Diatomaceous Earth has worked for your flea problem. You mentioned that you have a kidney problem and are concerned DE may have something to do with it. I would be interested in knowing how much you take and how often each day. I would like to assure you that DE does not create these types of issues.

GHS

Tracy T
    September 24, 2008 at 5:06 pm

Hello. Last winter we started getting a lot of “Stink bugs” or “shieldbugs” in our second floor bedroom. It drove me absolutly crazy and I couldnt get rid of them. They coming into homes when it gets cold (found one today). I ordered (and recieved) 15 pounds of this because I heard that it works to get rid of them. My question is..I’m not sure how these things are getting in and where to put it down? They do fly so that confuses me more. We have crawl spaces..perhaps they’re getting in there? or around the windows? I have two infants and I plan on putting it in places that they can’t get to…any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
    Thank you.

September 25, 2008 at 7:07 am

Tracy I understand your frustration with these stink bugs. Diatomaceous Earth will repel them from the areas of application. The challenge will be to get the DE on the areas they frequent. The first line of defense will be to make sure your windows are sealed up tight. Then make sure there are no cracks on the outside wall of your home, which includes your crawl space area. Another area to check would be your attic. We would suggest sprinkling the DE outside the home as well, putting it around the base of your home and all widow sills. Good luck, GHS

Paul Goedicke
    October 5, 2008 at 4:24 am

I first purchased DE 2 years ago upon moving to Oklahoma and having a bad flea and tick infestation from the previous homeowners. I also had grubworms bad in the back yard. And ants were everywhere. Because of neighbors’ animals, reinfestation was a problem the first year, but now I use it regularly and keep my yard pretty much pest free. One neighbor is complaining of grub and ant problems, and I have told him about DE. I probably use it more frequently than others and a 50lb bag lasts over a year and is much cheaper and safer than pesticides. Our dogs roll in the yard, essentially dusting themselves, and we haven’t seen a tick or flea on them for 2 summers, after constant battles with ticks 3 years ago. It really works well on tomato plants also.

Sandy
    October 14, 2008 at 11:39 am

I have a major problem with dog ticks, and was told about Diatomaceous Earth because it safe for dogs. I have a show dog who spends time inside and outdoors, I have been using k9 advanx on her but now that I have bred her I can no longer use this product. Is you product safe to use on pregnant or nursing dogs and their puppies?

October 14, 2008 at 11:42 am

Sandy you can certainly use DE for this purpose. It is totally safe to use on your pets and will only benefit them should they eat any. Please be cautious about how much you put on them at one time, you do not want to create a dusty situation for the puppies.

Dylan
    November 2, 2008 at 3:15 pm

I have some chickens, and was wondering if it’s ok to put it in their water instead of mixing it with their feed.

November 3, 2008 at 7:28 am

Dylan we would not recommend this application as it will make an absolute mess of your watering system and the chickens will not get the water they need.

Dylan
    November 3, 2008 at 1:58 pm

Is it ok to drain some soaked feed and mix it with that. Cuz I’ve been doing that for about a week now and one of my stags turned up dead when I got home from school today, it was acting fine this morning, and all the others seem ok too. It might not have been the DE, but I’m confused as to what killed him.

November 3, 2008 at 2:31 pm

DE will not kill a chicken. Could you explain in a bit more detail how you have been feeding and watering the chickens?

Dylan
    November 3, 2008 at 3:02 pm

We have two plastic garbage cans, one with corn, one with oats, both soaking. In the morning I take the oats out and drain them and mix about two tablespoons of DE, since the container holds about five pounds of feed, I give each pen about a handfull, (1-3 chickens in each pen). In the evening I do the same thing with the corn. I give them fresh water every day.

November 4, 2008 at 8:23 am

The amount of Diatomaceous Earth is okay. I am curious about how long you have the feed soaking. Are you aware that wet feed can become moldy; this can in turn kill a chicken? I would suggest you talk with your local country extension agent.

Dylan
    November 11, 2008 at 2:14 pm

it’s been soaking for about a month

November 13, 2008 at 7:23 am

That sounds like a very long time; however we would suggest you contact your local extension agent with any further questions on your soaking methods.

Dylan
    November 21, 2008 at 1:47 pm

also, can I use DE as a stop blood powder whenever I’m cutting my rooster’s combs and wattles?

November 22, 2008 at 6:55 pm

We have no experience with this usage of Diatomaceous Earth. If you try it, please share the results with us.

Kim
    January 2, 2009 at 2:50 am

One of my kittens threw up a live 8″ round worm. I didn’t want to use a chemical wormer so I’ve been mixing a quarter tsp of DE into their wet food am and pm.
    A week later another worm came up, only this one was dead and quite shriveled. Kitty is friskier and no longer bloated!
    Thank you!

Pat
    January 19, 2009 at 5:15 pm

If I use DE in the garden will it obliterate my earthworms? How long before they would return?

January 20, 2009 at 5:31 am

No it will not affect your earthworms. It works by penetrating the hard bodies of insects with its sharp edges. Soft bodied insects are not bothered by diatomaceous earth.

Amy
    March 25, 2009 at 7:20 am

I’ve been reading the posts and understand that it works on grubs but, the last post states it does not affect soft bodied insects such as earthworms. We have lots of grubs in our yard and want to make sure that it will work for them.

March 27, 2009 at 8:59 am

Diatomaceous earth should be used to repel the adult beetles, not their larva. If you want a product to kill the larva, use Milky Spore. Food grade diatomaceous earth should be sprinkled onto all of your plants once the adult beetles invade your yard. The DE will make them leave your yard as they will not be able to eat the foliage without having their bodies cut open.

Lydia
    April 5, 2009 at 9:04 am

Not one of these blogs mentions an experience with ingesting DE. I wanted to know what health benefits to expect from ingesting DE? How long before there is a noticable health benefit and how much to use? Does it have to be taken with food?

April 8, 2009 at 8:48 am

Lydia there is a lot of people who ingest food grade diatomaceous earth. However most are doing it for reasons they do not want to discuss. Most people take a teaspoon twice per day. It can be mixed into a drink or with food. It does not have to be taken with food, just seems to go down easier. Most people see results in about two weeks. Please keep in mind we can not tell you how to take this product, only relaying how others may take it.

Lisa
    April 27, 2009 at 6:02 pm

I’m planning on buying grains in bulk and putting them in airtight storage, but learned that I need to be concerned about eggs in the grains. How can DE help with this? Do the eggs actually hatch if DE is present in the grains? Sorry to get icky, but will I see a mess of dead larvae in my grains because of the DE, or will the DE prevent hatching? (I don’t mind knowing that there are eggs in the grains that I can’t see – but once those critters become visible, that’s a different story!)

April 28, 2009 at 10:07 pm

Lisa you will not have a “icky” mess inside your stored grain. Diatomaceous Earth works by cutting the eggs and any larva that may hatch. This will be on such a small scale you will not notice anything. This is used by many folks just like you that do not want bugs getting into their grains. Use DE with confidence!

Jerry
    May 17, 2009 at 10:15 am

How much do I need for my yard about 1500 sq. ft. I have a bad problem with Ants, fleas.

May 18, 2009 at 10:20 pm

You will need at least one 50# bag. You will also want a garden duster to spread the DE. How long the bag lasts will really depend upon how thick you spread it. A light dusting should be sufficient.

Cherie M
    June 17, 2009 at 8:54 pm

Hi I stumbled onto your site by searching for Diatomaceous Earth by reading a testimonial on a colon cleansing sight that mentioned it. I have never heard of such a product. To think humans and pets can take this and it be effective to keep pests away from your home also….. sounds too good to be true.

I have a 3 yr old bull mastiff and an 8 month old bull dog, that are at the vet for every checkup and shot and are on monthly heart guard and flea prevention – religiously. They dont miss anything. Im a health nut and wonder why Ive never heard of this product before. Am interested in trying it after I do some more research first. I dont see any directions for human consumption, does it come on the bag? Are there any adverse reactions to other vitamins/supplements/minerals?

Ive been telling everyone I know about parasite ifestations in humans, having done my first cleanse 3 years ago and just completing another one last week. Wish I knew about this sooner.

Thanks

June 22, 2009 at 10:09 am

Cherie we have many of our customers who use this on and within their own bodies; however we cannot make any such claims. This is why there is no info on our site about human consumption. Thanks for visiting!

Beverly Korby
    June 23, 2009 at 2:48 pm

Help! Earwigs are eating my fennel, basil and other herbs. How do I use DE in the herb garden? Do I dust the plants and the soil? Do I water it in or leave it dry? What is the difference between regular DE and Food Grade? Thanks.

June 30, 2009 at 10:29 am

The differance between regular DE and food grade DE is the amount of crystalline in the product. Food grade diatomaceous earth only has a trace amount, making it totally safe to use or eat for that matter. You will want to use a duster and lightly dust your plants. You may have to do this every few days until the pests are gone.

Stephanie
    June 23, 2009 at 9:25 pm

I was wondering if I can use DE as a flea treatment for my indoor, dwarf-mix rabbits. My dogs have a bad case of fleas. They are indoor/outdoor but mostly indoor. My cats don’t have fleas as bad as the dogs. I have noticed a live flea on my white rabbit. It’s difficult to tell on the black one. Neither my cats nor my rabbits have flea dirt on them, but I fear that it is only a matter of time. I have not been able to find ANY information about using DE on rabbits – only that it’s “safe for all pets.” I am not confident enough with generic information like that. I am very very resistant to the toxic forms of flea treatments that indicate are safe for rabbits. I tried “Sargeant’s Nature’s Guardian” on my dogs and it did absolutely nothing. It’s all natural, but the dogs are still going nuts with their itching. Please help!

June 30, 2009 at 10:25 am

Yes you may certainly use diatomaceous earth for your rabbits. I would recommend dusting their entire bedding area and also dusting them. Just be careful that you do not create a lot of dust while doing the actual dusting. You do not have to remove the DE from the pen or off of the rabbits. I would do this once per week for about 3 weeks. This will kill any newly hatched fleas.

Bonnie
    July 11, 2009 at 4:25 pm

I have a dog alergic to spiders and fleas and has severe reactions. Could I use DE for prevention and what method should I treat and how often?

July 15, 2009 at 1:41 pm

Diatomaceous earth does work very well for both fleas and spiders. I am not sure if you dog lives outside, it is harder to control the fleas for dogs that have a large area to play. To be totally effective you need to give the entire area a light coating, if it is outside, a bit heavier dusting will be needed. The dog should have it sprinkled onto the coat and then rubbed in. Just be careful you are not making a lot of dust while doing this. Spiders are harder to control as they can move around and build their webs where there is no DE. Diatomaceous earth does kill both fleas and spiders.

Karen
    August 13, 2009 at 9:46 am

Does DE have the same benefits when fed as a paste along with feed? Been seeing great results with our horses but it seems some goes to waste and I would like to wet it down some to make sure they are getting the full amount…

August 17, 2009 at 8:38 am

We do have customers that water it down and feel that it has the same effect.

cindy
    August 24, 2009 at 10:29 am

i bought bed bug powder with this ingredient and only its food grade does this kill bed bugs?

August 25, 2009 at 8:19 am

Yes it should kill your bugs.

Brenda
    September 2, 2009 at 4:13 am

I just heard about DE, and purchased 10# of DE from you, (have not received it yet) for controlling fleas/ticks on my dog and 2 cats, their bedding, etc. I would also like to mix DE in their food. My dog weighs 5 #, cats weigh 11 and 15 #, how much should they be given? I would also like to know if DE is safe to used in bird cages on the bottom, with a wire protection above the floor, (african grey, cockatoo, cockatiels and finches) as a prevention of mites, etc. They would not be walking in the DE. Would the dust be harmful when/if applied to cage floors? You continue to mention “be careful and not make a lot of dust when sprinkling DE on pets coats” what happens if there is dust? I’m really excited that I learn about this product, it truly does, as someone else said, seems too good to be true.

Thanks

September 30, 2009 at 10:05 am

It would be okay to mix 1/2 teaspoon per day for each of the pets. However I would not recommend putting diatomaceous earth in the bird cage if they can stir it up with their wings. Not that the dust would hurt anyone, it would just be very messy. When applying diatomaceous to your pet's coats, it is important not to make a dust storm around them where they would in turn breathe it in. No dust is good for lungs. Enjoy this great product.

Brenda
    October 13, 2009 at 3:25 pm

Thanks for the information. I’ve been waiting to use the DE until I got your info on my cats and dog. I am now the proud owner of Fainting and Pygmy Goats. I am new to Goats only had them 4 days. One of my Fainting Nanny’s has 2 babies (3 wks. old) and they have some kind of small tannish looking bugs (maybe lice, I have never seen any before so not sure what they are)and white stuff like dandruff on them, and tiny dots attached to fur (eggs maybe). Can I use DE on them, the babies and adult, (lice or whatever) goats to combat the bugs? BTW I know they are not fleas, as I know what a flea looks like. Thanks in advance, Brenda

October 14, 2009 at 9:12 am

Congratulations on your new goats! One of our employees has also just purchased his first fainting goat. He likes it so much he wants to get a female and start breeding, lol. It sure sounds like lice; however I am not an expert with those buggers so I am not sure it diatomaceous earth will help or not. I would love to get some feedback once you try it out on them. Joe

walela spirits
    November 4, 2009 at 10:10 pm

I have tried everything to get rid of our tick infestation that we suddenly acquired after the hurricanes last year, in Florida. I have a child and small dogs and cannot use chemicals for fear of harming or killing them. All the natural remedies have failed .. regardless of what I do to stay on top of this everyday !!

I can’t wait to try this product, which I have never heard of but I am especially concerned about giving it internally. If it cuts up the outer body of ticks, fleas and numerous other insects… why does it not cut up the soft intestines of animals and humans ? Where can I find more detailed information about this product and how to recognize the “BEST GRADE” ? Thanks,
    Walela

jim
    November 6, 2009 at 4:11 pm

Just got my DE last week and went strait to work on everything. I dusted the entire yard, dog, rugs, bedding. Anything that moved got dusted. I have spent more money than I care to say combating ticks and fleas. I have a few questions. 1. Can you over apply DE? 2. I have an irrigation system that waters all of the plants a few times per week. Does the DM effects persist beyond rain or irrigation? If so, how do you recommend using it? Thanks Jim

November 16, 2009 at 11:48 am

Jim, the only way to over apply diatomaceous earth would be if it is creating a lot of dust by walking over it. The irrigation should not weaken the product.

November 16, 2009 at 11:56 am

Walela, diatomaceous earth has been used by many people very successfully for getting rid of ticks. However it may have to be applied thicker than I would like for a small child to be walking or playing in the area. You do not want to have it create dust while walking over it. We have another product available that may work better for your yard, it is Cedar Oil. Let me know once you have tried out the DE and we will go from there.

anita
    December 24, 2009 at 9:34 pm

Hi i just got my first bag,and i read alot of e-mails about it for pets,but what i really wanted to know how safe is it really for humans.Thank you.

December 29, 2009 at 11:24 am

Anita I can tell you that many of our customers us Diatomaceous Earth both internally and externally. What makes our product safe to use for human consumption is the ‘Food Grade’ label. Enjoy your DE.

Larry Castleberry
    October 23, 2010 at 8:06 pm

What are the uses for humans?

DENISE
    December 11, 2010 at 2:13 am

Hi,
    I have heard this is good for people also to use for high blood pressure and other thing but I did hear you should not take this if you have lupus have you have info on this if it is true or not.Thank You

December 20, 2010 at 9:53 am

Sorry but we do not have any testimonials about high blood pressure.

WillaH
    December 30, 2010 at 1:25 am

What is recommended dosage for humans?
    Are there any side effects?
    Another website stated it is good for lowering blood pressure, cholesterol, and good for hair, teeth and nails. What say you?

January 10, 2011 at 10:30 am

Because Diatomaceous Earth is an organic product we can only say that people use it for many different reason. Most folks take 1 teaspoon per serving.

Melody Barrett
    May 30, 2011 at 2:33 pm

Hi! I received my order of the Food Grade Diatomaceous Earth and sprinkled my carpets (and my dogs). How long before I can vacuum my carpets? I want to make sure the fleas are dead.

June 3, 2011 at 2:43 pm

Let the diatomaceous earth sit overnight, then vacuum. Due to the fact of eggs hatching, you will need to do this 3 other times. Wait about 4 days for the second time and 7 days after that for the third time.

sharon
    June 14, 2011 at 1:45 am

If I put the diatomaceous food grade earth on my dogs beds, is it harmful for them to breathe? Thanks sharon empson

June 15, 2011 at 2:34 pm

DE is like all dust, you do not want to inhale a lot of it. You should only apply it so there is a light dusting on their bedding. Should be no problems what so ever.

Michelle
    October 13, 2011 at 9:54 am

I have a phenomenal testimony about DE. I had a major flea infestation a few summers ago, my lovely dog decided to share and bring them inside so both of my indoor cats got them as well. My pooch also had to be treated for worms from eating infected fleas, I bombed the house and got Capstar pills for the animals but wanted to look in to something more environmentally friendly. I ordered a bag and started giving our dog a tablespoon in his breakfast every morning. He was also on Deramaxx for hip dysplasia/osteoarthritis and was maxed out on the dose. We were actually thinking he was going to have to be put down because he was in such terrible pain, he could barely get up off the floor, surgery was not an option due to size and age. In a matter of weeks he was like a new dog again! My beloved Teddy could even come up the steps again! We are so thankful we found DE and a surprise benefit! I hadn’t read anything about joint issues but my dog is proof that it is wonderful stuff. I tell everyone about it. It even cleared up a nasty yeast infection on my sister in law’s dog. Her skin looked like elephant hide and she had spent hundreds of dollars at the vet trying to get it gone and a few weeks on the DE and her coat is back to its original fluffiness and shine. Unbelievable stuff! It is a staple in our home and will be as long as we have animals 🙂

how to get rid of bed bus
    January 24, 2012 at 12:58 am

how to get rid of bed bus…

[…]Diatomaceous Earth, How Do We Love Thee? | Garden Harvest Supply[…]…

kelly
    March 30, 2012 at 12:26 pm

i want to use this to dust my cats for flea control, but i have a ball python in a tank that the cats like to nap on. will DE hurt or kill my snake? i would hate to accidentally kill my snake by using this on my cats.

April 2, 2012 at 12:36 pm

We are not experts on snakes; however we can say that the amount that would rub off of your cats would be so minimal there should be no issues whatsoever.

Jess
    June 9, 2012 at 5:51 am

Hi Joe,

I would like to replace our chemical wormers for horses, as well as use DE as a dusting powder when the horses have lice (we are in the sub tropics in Australia and flies are a problem for the horses too). What is the recommendation for worming horses, particularly if they are not hand fed each day (grazing in large paddocks)?
    As far as the dogs go, is it necessary to feed DE daily, or just when fleas are present? Do you feed daily to prevent worm numbers building? Kind regards, Jess

June 19, 2012 at 7:28 am

Jess, most folks figure to use about 2% of their total feed rate in food grade diatomaceous earth.